WATRS is guided at all times by the following core principles:
- Measured performance
In order to achieve a fair and reasonable outcome for both parties to a dispute, WATRS adheres to the following principles:
- Both the consumer and the company will be treated fairly and proportionately to ensure that neither party is unduly disadvantaged.
- Adjudicators are independent and will at all times act objectively, promoting neither the position of the consumer nor that of the company.
- Adjudicators will consider all the evidence presented by the parties, the specific circumstances of the case, and any other information directly relevant to the dispute.
- Adjudicators shall consider whether it is fair and reasonable to request further information or evidence from either party to a dispute.
- Equal consideration will be given to the word of the consumer and the word of the company.
- Adjudicators will consider all relevant law, the company’s terms and conditions, the Guaranteed Standards Scheme (GSS) and any other relevant policy document.
- Full reasons for any decision will always be provided.