Downloadable documents available from this page:
- Guidance Notes - English | Cymraeg
- Guide to Compensation for Inconvenience and Distress - English | Cymraeg
- Scheme Rules April 2017 - English
- Scheme Rules 2016 - English | Cymraeg
When you make an application WATRS will ask the Consumer Council for Water (CCWater) to confirm that:
- Your dispute remains unresolved.
- The CCWater mediation/investigation has been completed within the last 6 months.
If CCW confirms to WATRS that they have completed a mediation/investigation on your behalf within the last 6 months your application can go ahead. If you already have what is called a WATRS Notification Letter or a WATRS Option letter then please give the date of that letter on your application form.
To see an example of a highly effective application to WATRS, please click here. This application includes a detailed explanation of the customer’s complaint and the remedies that have been requested.
To see an example of a less effective application to WATRS, please click here. This application does not contain a detailed explanation of the complaint or a clear breakdown of the remedies that have been requested.